An Introduction Of MCE Filter Membrane
Mixed cellulose ester (MCE) filter membrane is made of refined nitrocellulose and added with the appropriate amount of cellulose acetate, acetone, n-butanol, ethanol, etc. It is hydrophilic, non-toxic and hygienic. The MCE filter membrane is mainly used for filtering aqueous solutions, so it is also called a water-based membrane, which is flammable and should be sealed to prevent moisture and fire during storage.
1. If the pharmaceutical industry requires autoclaving, water injections, large infusions, Chinese medicine extraction, and beverage filtration to remove particulates can improve the intrinsic quality of medicines and the pass rate of sterility for the sterilization of heat-sensitive drugs (biochemical preparations such as insulin ATP and coenzyme A). Antibacterial thin membrane method for sterility test, using 0.45-micron filter membrane(or 0.3 microns, 0.2-micron filter membrane)。
2. Medicine and health, the detection of C-AMP, C-GMP and bloodworm in human body fluids by the MCE filter membrane, detection of coli-groups in drinking water, surface water, and well water.
3. Analysis and determination of particles and oil insoluble in solution, and determination of water pollution index.
4. Applied to scientific research departments such as somatic cell hybridization and mitochondrial prediction of heterosis.
5. Fine filtration of high-purity water in the electronics industry.
Matters needing attention
1. The filter membrane must be wet when filtering the liquid. If the filter membrane becomes dry due to disinfection, it must be wetted with sterile water. If the wetting does not affect the flow rate, the filter membrane of all appliances must be disinfected. Then, sterilization and filtration in a sterile room should be carried out in strict accordance with the sterilization operation procedures, with nominal pore diameters of 0.45 micrometers, 0.3 micrometers, and 0.2 micrometers are used. E. coli uses a nominal pore diameter of 0.65 micrometers.
2. The membrane is resistant to high temperatures of 120 degrees, flammable, acid and alkali resistant, and solvent resistant. It is only suitable for aqueous solutions (PH2-10), oils, air, fruit juices, etc. Before use, you must understand whether the filter substance is influential to the membrane.
3. When the retentate is below 0.025 microns, it is not suitable to use a microporous membrane for filtration. It only has an adsorption effect on the heat source virus and cannot be completely removed.
4. When using the filter, the liquid material entering the filter should let the original air out, otherwise, it will affect the filtration speed.
5. Use natural pressure, pressurization, vacuum, and negative pressure to prevent the bacteria and particles in the air from polluting the filtrate when vacuuming. With pressurized filtration, faster filtration speed, faster pressure, faster filtration speed. We should consider whether the main body of the filter is intact when the pressure is high. Generally, IT does not exceed 0.3MPa / c㎡. Many companies use the position difference, but not too low, otherwise, the flow rate will become slow.
6. Put the filter in the container, soak it in distilled water at about 70℃ and let it all wet for several hours (about 4 hours), then rinse it with distilled water once before use.
HAWACH MCE filter membrane
It has a higher protein binding ability than CA; it cannot be used for protein extraction; high porosity makes it have a faster flow rate ratio; suitable for base water samples.
It is mostly used in the fields of biology and medicine, as the clarification of aqueous solutions and filtration of sterilized gas particles and bacteria; filtration of alcohol and particulate bacteria.