Application and Use Points of Sterilized Microporous Membrane Filter
Application of Sterile Microporous Membrane
1. Measuring the bubble point pressure can indicate the pore size of the sterilized microporous filter membrane, which is closely related to the quality of the filtered liquid, and it is also a means to ensure the quality of the sterilized microporous filter membrane. The membrane filter sterilization used needs to be soaked in water for injection at about 70°C for about one hour in advance. Pour out the water and soak in warm water for injection overnight for later use. Take it out before use, rinse it with water for injection, and then put it into the filter for use. When installing, pay attention to prevent the microfiltration membrane from crooked and leaking.
2. In order to protect and extend the service life of the filter membrane, you can use the same size filter paper or silk cloth on the filter membrane to prevent the filter membrane from rupturing.
3. The pore size of the sterile microporous filter membrane is cone-shaped. The smooth side has a small pore size as the front side; the rough side has a large pore size as the backside. When installing, the front side should face down and the backside up, otherwise the pore size will be easily blocked by impurities.
Then affect the filtration rate. When the temperature is low, soak the treated filter membrane in water for injection at the same temperature as the drug solution for 10 minutes, which can avoid the rupture of the membrane due to the drop in tensile strength of the filter membrane due to the temperature difference.
Points to Note When Using Sterile Microporous Membrane Filter
1. Fix a 16-gauge syringe on the skin tube head of the exhaust pipe of the filter holder, and use a water stop clip to control it to avoid excessive exhaust pressure and speed from causing the filter membrane to rupture.
2. Do not sterilize the filter holder together with the filter membrane, otherwise, the microporous membrane filter will become brittle and crease due to thermal expansion and contraction.
3. After use, the sterilized microporous filter membrane is soaked in water for injection to prevent drying, but it should not be soaked for too long. The sterilized microporous filter membrane that has been dehydrated and dried cannot be used.
4. According to the concentration and viscosity of the drug solution, sterile microporous membranes with different pore diameters should be selected.
5. If you find small holes or cracks in the sterilized microporous filter membrane, you can use the unused broken filter membrane, wash it and dry it, then tear it into a small cup with a small amount of acetone, and stir it into Paste mucus, drop the mucus on the small cracks or small holes of the flat filter membrane. It should not be too much. The mucus should be covered and slightly larger. After it dries, you can continue to use it without affecting it.
6. When using a multi-stage filtration device with coarse filtration and then fine filtration during infusion filtration, sterile microporous membranes can be used for fine filtration afterward, preferably pressurized, decompressed, and azimuthal static pressure filtration.
In order to protect and extend the service life of the filter membrane, filter paper or silk cloth of the same size can be used (the silk cloth should be boiled with a mass concentration of 20 g·L-1 sodium sulfonate solution for about 30 minutes, and then cleaned with water for injection). On the filter membrane, prevent the filter membrane from rupturing or pollution.