Characteristics of Several Commonly Used Membrane Filters
Characteristics of Several Common Filter Membranes
The microporous filter membrane uses polymer chemical materials, and the pore-forming additives are coated on the support layer after special treatment. It is mainly made of refined nitrocellulose, adding an appropriate amount of cellulose acetate, acetone, n-butanol, ethanol, etc., which is hydrophilic, non-toxic, and hygienic.
It is a porous membrane filter material with a relatively uniform pore size distribution, and pore sizes with microporosity up to 80 ‰. It is mainly used for filtration of aqueous solutions, so it is also called an aqueous membrane. Microporous membranes are easy to use and are widely used in many fields such as scientific research, food testing, the chemical industry, nanotechnology, energy, and environmental protection.
1. Nylon Features: Good high-temperature resistance, which can withstand 121°saturated steam autoclaving for 30 minutes, the maximum working temperature of 60 degrees Celsius; Good chemical stability, which can withstand a variety of organic and inorganic compounds such as dilute acids, alcohols, esters, oils, hydrocarbons, halogenated hydrocarbons, and organic oxides.
Uses: electronics, microelectronics, semiconductor industry water filtration, tissue culture media filtration, drug filtration, beverage filtration, high-purity chemical product filtration, aqueous solution, and organic mobile phase filtration.
2. Mixed cellulose ester membrane filter(MCE) Features: uniform pore size, high porosity, no medium shedding, thin texture, small resistance, fast filtration rate, minimal adsorption, low cost, but not resistance to organic solutions and strong acid, strong alkali solutions.
Uses: the medical industry needs the hot pressing sterilization water injection, the large infusion filtration particle. The degerming of heat-sensitive drugs (such as insulin ATP, coenzyme a, and other biochemical preparations), the analysis and determination of particles and insoluble oil in solution with 0.45-micron filter membrane, and the determination of water pollution index were applied to the research departments of somatic cell hybridization and the prediction of heterosis by complementary line particles. Sterilize heat-sensitive drugs; Analysis and determination of particulates and oil insoluble in solution, and determination of water pollution index; also used in scientific research departments such as somatic cell hybridization and mitochondrial complementary predictive hybridization.
3. Polyethersulfone membrane filter(PES) Features: the ether sulfone microporous filter membrane belongs to the hydrophilic filter membrane, which has the characteristics of high flow rate, low dissolution, good strength, no adsorption of protein and extract, and no pollution to the sample.
Uses: Low protein adsorption and high drug compatibility, specially designed for biochemical, inspection, pharmaceutical, and sterilization filtration devices.
4. PTFE Features: The most extensive chemical compatibility, which can withstand strong solvents such as DMSO, THF, DMF, and dichloromethane.
Uses: Filtration of all organic solutions, especially of strong solvents that other membranes cannot tolerate. Polypropylene membrane is non-toxic, and can be widely used in medicine, the chemical industry, food, beverage, and other fields; Hydrophobic, especially for gas filtration.
5. Polyvinylidene fluoride membrane filter(PVDF) Features: high mechanical strength, high tensile strength, good heat resistance and chemical stability, low protein adsorption rate; It has strong negative electrostatic properties and hydrophobicity. It has two forms: hydrophobic and hydrophilic. However, it could not tolerate c rice, DMSO, THF, DMF, dichloromethane, chloroform, etc.
Uses: hydrophobic polyvinylidene chloride membrane is mainly used in gas and steam filtration, and high-temperature liquid filtration; Hydrophilic polyvinylidene membrane is mainly used in tissue medium, additives, and other sterilizing filtration solvent and chemical raw material filtration, reagent aseptic treatment, and high-temperature liquid filtration.
6. Polypropylene membrane filter(PP) Features: no adhesive, stable chemical properties, flexible, not easy to break, high-temperature resistance, can withstand autoclave.Non-toxic and tasteless, acid and alkali resistant.
Uses: suitable for making all kinds of coarse and fine filters and folding filter elements.
Applicable: beverage, medicine, and other industries of the plate and frame press filter membrane. Suitable for supporting and pretreatment of reverse osmosis membrane and ultrafiltration membrane. Polypropylene membrane is non-toxic, and can be widely used in medicine, the chemical industry, food, beverage, and other fields; Hydrophobic, especially for gas filtration.
Advantages of the filter membrane
1. Take food-grade polypropylene as raw material, without any additives in the whole production process; 2. Stable physical and chemical properties and good compatibility; 3. With a series of pore sizes, high porosity, and large dirt-holding capacity;
Main applications of the filter membrane
It can filter out the bacteria of liquid particles such as medicine liquid, gas, oil, beverage, alcohol, electronic instrument, etc. It can also be used for the detection of particles and bacteria.
How does membrane filter work
Compared with the pore size characteristics of the membrane, the solid particles to be separated are usually larger. The exclusion discrimination of physical size, charge or affinity, or a combination of these properties decides the separation. The larger ones will be rejected and not accumulate on the surface and have no opportunity to enter the interior of the filter.
HAWACH can customize different specifications according to customer requirements. Welcome to contact us.