Hawach MCE Membrane Filters
Hawach MCE membrane filters belong to the terminal filtration membrane, fast flow rate, and are not easy to absorb. The surface is smooth, the texture is thin, the void ratio is high and the microporous structure is uniform.
Features of Hawach MCE Membrane Filters
- Pore Size Options: MCE membrane filters from Hawach typically come in various pore size options, allowing users to select the appropriate pore size for their specific filtration needs. Common pore sizes include 0.22 µm and 0.45 µm, but other sizes may also be available.
- High Flow Rate: MCE membranes generally offer a high flow rate, which makes them suitable for filtration processes that require fast filtration without compromising filtration efficiency.
- Low Protein Binding: MCE membranes have low protein binding properties, which is important in applications where the adsorption of proteins onto the membrane surface could affect the accuracy of analysis or cause unwanted interactions.
- Chemical Compatibility: MCE membranes are generally compatible with a wide range of solvents and chemicals, making them versatile for various filtration applications.
- Microbiological Analysis: MCE membranes are commonly used in microbiological analysis, such as microbial enumeration and analysis of water, air, and other samples for the presence of microorganisms.
- Particle Monitoring: These membranes are also used for particle monitoring and analysis in industries such as pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, and electronics.
- Sterilization: MCE membranes can often be sterilized by autoclaving, which is crucial in applications requiring aseptic conditions.
- Ease of Handling: Hawach MCE membrane filters are designed to be easy to handle and integrate into filtration setups such as filter holders and vacuum systems.
Application of MCE membrane filters
Filtrating bacteria and particles of industrial water quality, pharmaceutical oil, lubricating oil, fuel oil, and scientific research laboratory in the pharmaceutical industry, production of products, mineral water, brewing, watches, and others. Generally, MCE membrane filters with more than 0.65 microns can remove particles, and with less than 0.45 micron can remove bacteria.
Matters needing the attention of MCE membrane filters
1. Suitable for PH 2-9 pharmaceutical solution, strong acid or strong base or organic solvents, including alcohol, should not be used.
2. Used as the final stage of filtration. The filtrate must pass through the plate frame or other filter materials for pre-filtration to avoid blockage of the filter membrane.
3. Most MCE membrane filters can be used for thermal pressure disinfection, boiling, and chemical disinfection.
4. Rinse with distilled water twice before use and soak for 4 hours.
When considering the use of Hawach MCE membrane filters, it’s important to refer to the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines for proper handling, compatibility with specific solvents, sterilization methods, and other technical details. Please note that my information might be outdated as of September 2021, so I recommend visiting the official Hawach website or contacting the company directly for the most up-to-date information on their products and offerings.