HAWACH To Discuss How To Use the Microporous Membrane
Microporous membrane is a polymer membrane material with many uniform micropores, ranging from 0.025 to 14 μm in pore size. Its filtration mechanism is mainly physical sieving. There are many types of products, commonly used acetate filter membrane, polypropylene filter membrane, polytetrafluoroethylene filter membrane, and so on. The advantages are high porosity, fast filtration speed, small adsorption, no retention of liquid medicine, no influence on drug content, simple equipment, convenient dismantling, etc.
Microporous membranes are indispensable consumables for microbial testing and some small-scale liquid filtration. HAWACH provides a variety of materials, microporous membranes with different diameters and pore sizes, which can be matched with different types of membrane filters or filter holders. They are widely used in testing, scientific research, chemical industry, nanotechnology, energy and environmental protection, and many other fields.
1. Uniform pore size and high porosity;
2. The resistance is small, the flux is large, and the filtration rate is increased by more than 30%;
3. High-efficiency retention of microorganisms ≥ 107CFU/cm2 to prevent missed inspections;
4. Strong hydrophilicity, easy to absorb nutrients, and the colony grows more vigorously.
1. Microporous membrane in round shape: mixed cellulose membrane, grid membrane, nylon, polytetrafluoroethylene membrane (PTFE), polyethersulfone (PES), glass fiber membrane, polyvinylidene fluoride membrane (PVDF). The pore size range is 0.10-5.0 microns and the diameter of the diaphragm is 1-300mm, which can also be customized according to customer requirements.
2. Microporous membrane in roller: width is 260-300mm polyvinylidene fluoride membrane (PVDF), nylon reinforced membrane (JN), nylon steel tape membrane (without support layer), polytetrafluoroethylene membrane (PTFE), polyethersulfone ( PES) pore size in the range of 0.10-5.0 microns.
How to use the microporous membrane?
The process of using the microporous membrane:
(1)Cleaning frequency: Before the sterilization filtration operation, take a new microporous filter and clean it once.
Put the filter membrane flat in the clean container, soak it in distilled water of about 70 degrees to make it all wet, pour out the water after a few hours (about 4 hours or more), soak it overnight in the above method, and then use an appropriate amount of warm water before use. Soak in distilled water for cleaning.
Put the cleaned filter membrane (wet) into a suitable filter to prevent leakage around it, put the filtrate into the liquid inlet, and exhaust the air at the exhaust port, and then the filter can be carried out.
(2) Cleaning tools: clean containers, tweezers.
(3) Cleaning method:
Method 1: Take a new product, rinse the surface dust particles with purified water, and rinse it once with water for injection; put the filter membrane in a container, add an appropriate amount of water for injection, immerse and boil for 30 minutes, and store it in an airtight place for later use.
Method 2: (1) Take a new filter membrane and soak it in water for injection at about 70°C for 1 hour.
(2) Soak it in water for injection at about 40°C for 12 to 24 hours.
(3) Rinse with fresh water for injection before use, and then put it into the flat filter. After cleaning, hang a “cleaned” status mark on the surface of the container.
The microporous membrane can only be used as a post-stage filtration, and the filtrate must be pre-filtered through a plate frame or other filter materials to prevent the filter membrane from clogging. The method used above: is only suitable for the filtration of liquid medicine or other water solvents. Also, please note the hydrophilic membrane is suitable for ph2-9 liquid, but not suitable for strong acid and alkali or organic solvents including alcohol. If you have any questions about the use of a microporous membrane, welcome to contact HAWACH freely.