How to Choose a Filter Membrane?
When you use the filter membrane in peacetime, it is often difficult to choose, or how to choose a filter that is most suitable for you. It must meet the requirements and be economical. Hawach provides the following comments:
1. To determine the pore size of the filter membrane, such as the commonly used 0.22um filter sterilization, 0.45um bacteriological analysis, particle monitoring, biological analysis.
2. The size of the filter membrane, the most commonly used filter membrane diameter is 25mm, 47mm, 13mm, 90mm, 142mm, 293mm, and so on.
3. The material of the filter membrane, the filter membrane has different materials. the filter membrane is used to filter different liquids. It can be selected according to the similar compatibility of the chemical. For example, if there are strong acid and alkali in the liquid, it is generally used PTFE filter membrane. If you have organic solvent, you can choose nylon filter membranes or PTFE filter membranes. If you don’t have acid or alkali, you can choose mixed cellulose filter membranes or polycarbonate filter PVDF filter membranes. If there is a weak acid or weak, PVDF membranes can also be considered for the base.
4. The brand of the filter membrane, the price of different brands of filter membrane is different, and the quality level will be different.
5. Select the filter membrane according to the application. For example, if it is used for atmospheric detection, it is generally used as a quartz filter PTFE filter. If it is used for water quality analysis, it is usually mixed cellulose or polycarbonate filter membrane, if the cleanliness test is commonly used, the material is nylon.