How to Use the Mixed Cellulose Microporous Filter Membrane?
The mixed cellulose microporous filter membrane has smooth surface, light and thin texture, high pore limit rate, and uniform microporous structure, so it has the characteristics of fast flow rate and not easy to adsorb. It is widely used for water filtration in pharmaceutical industry, biological products, electronic industry, brewing industry, watch and other industrial aspects; pharmaceutical and scientific research test, laboratory and other aspects of sterilization filtration, generally above 0.65um can remove particles, below 0.45um can remove bacteria. HAWACH MCE microporous filter membrane is made of high quality raw materials, processed by new formulation and advanced technology and many sizes are available.
How to use the MCE filter membrane?
1. Place the filter membrane flat in a clean container and soak it in distilled water at about 70℃ to make all of it moistened for about 4 hours or more, and then wash it once with distilled water before use.
2. To prevent leakage, load the wet cleaned filter membrane into the matching filter, and put the filtrate into the inlet port and discharge the air at the exhaust port. Since the pore size of the filter membrane is The flow rate is slower with atmospheric pressure filtration, generally available vacuum pump negative pressure pumping or gas pump pressurized filtration.
3. In actual use, for operations that are not particularly demanding, you can filter directly without going through the above steps, but there will be a slight impact on the filtration speed or the flexibility of the filter membrane, which is treated with immersion to make it more flexible, less likely to break, and the flow rate will be faster.
4. The precision belongs to the range of fine filtration, generally not suitable for the filtration of more impurities, but also not suitable for the viscosity of the larger liquid, such as in the filtration of a certain amount, the filtration pressure is significantly higher (0.15MPa or more), the flow rate becomes significantly higher.
If the filtration pressure increases significantly (0.15MPa or more) and the flow rate becomes significantly smaller or no liquid is produced after filtering a certain amount, the filter membrane needs to be replaced.
Sterilization method of MCE microporous filter membrane
1. Steam sterilization for 30 minutes.
2. Autoclave sterilization (121℃ for 30min). For this method, the membrane should be soaked in distilled water for more than half an hour and kept moist during the sterilization process.
3. Rinsing in 75% alcohol solution for a short time. This method affects the membrane material and is not commonly used.
The above use method is only applicable to the pre-filtration of aqueous solution or other aqueous solvents.
Specific applications of MCE microporous filter membrane
(1) Pharmaceutical industry: used for the filtration of particles and bacteria in water injection, I.V. solution and solution before crystallization, filtration of antimicrobial agent, globulin, vaccine serum and tissue culture, etc.
(2) Electronics industry: used for air purification of semiconductor devices and integrated circuit workshops, preparation of high-purity water for washing, purification of solvents, developers, photoresists, etc.
(3) Household chemical industry: used in daily cosmetics containing ethanol and grease solution particle filtration.
(4) Public health: used for drinking water filtration, river and pond water quality bacteria filtration inspection, dust particle filtration inspection in the work area.
(5) Food industry: sterilization and filtration of suspended impurities in beverage juice, wine, oil, etc.
(6) Can also be used for aseptic inspection – membrane filtration method and other scientific research in the analysis of determination.
The membrane is suitable for PH2~11, it is not suitable for strong acid and strong alkali or some organic solvents.