Filter membrane materials include nylon, polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), mixed cellulose (MCE), cellulose acetate (CA), glass fiber (Glass Fiber), Polypropylene (PP), polyethersulfone (PES). Its application includes HPLC sample preparation, routine QC analysis, protein deposits movement, dissolution test, food analysis, biofuel analysis, and environmental test. We choose some of them for a detailed introduction. For all membrane features and performance, please contact Hawach directly(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +86-29-89284429).
The nylon filter membrane material is aliphatic nylon, which has good hydrophilicity and resistance to acid and alkali of the appropriate concentration. It is not only suitable for aqueous solutions containing acid and alkali, but also for organic solvents, such as alcohols, hydrocarbons, ethers, esters, ketones, homologs of benzene and benzene, dimethyl formamide, dimethyl sulfoxide, etc., are one of the most widely applicable microporous membranes. (Belonging to the terminal filter membrane).
For the PVDF membrane filter, as the pore size of the membrane continues to decrease, the membrane binds to low molecular weight proteins more firmly. The use of the PVDF membrane requires pretreatment. The purpose of treatment with methanol is to activate the positively charged groups on the membrane and make it easier to bind to negatively charged proteins.
NC membranes are used in Northern Blot, Southern Blot, and Western Blot. Hybridization techniques are divided into solid phase hybridization and liquid phase hybridization. The solid-phase hybridization technology is currently more commonly used. The nucleic acid to be tested is first bound to certain solid-phase support, and then hybridized with the labeled probe in the liquid phase. The solid support is usually nitrocellulose membrane.
The MCE filter membrane has relatively uniform pore size, high porosity, no media shedding, thin texture, low resistance, fast filtration speed, minimal adsorption, low cost, but it is not resistant to strong acid & alkali solutions and organic solutions.
The PTFE filter membrane is made of PTFE, through a special process, two-way stretching, using the unique node fibril properties of the PTFE film, smooth surface, chemical resistance, air and water impermeability, large air permeability, flame retardant, high temperature resistance. The product is resistant to strong acid and alkali, non-toxic, etc., with high filtration efficiency, up to 99.99%, near zero emission; low running resistance, fast filtration speed; long service life, reusable, thereby reducing operating costs.
Hydrophilic PTFE filter membrane has wide applications, like the flue gas filtration of various industrial furnaces, for instance, the chemical industry, metallurgy, power generation, and cement, etc.
Summary of the filter membrane
1) Filtering of particles and bacteria in the gas
2) Filtration of particles and bacteria in oil
3) Filtering of particles and bacteria in alcohol
4) Filtration of other aqueous solutions
1) Protein filtration
2) Determination of surface water (because the acetate film does not contain nitrogen)
1) Water filtration for electronic semiconductor industry
2) Chemical product filtration
3) Filtering of beverage products
1) Sterilization and filtration of protein solution
2) Filtration of tissue culture medium
3) Filtration of tissue culture additives
1) Gas filtration hydrophobicity
2) Steam filtration
3) High temperature filtration
4) Food industry filtration
5) Drug filtration
1) Filtration of strong chemically corrosive organic solvents
2) Strong acid solvent filtration
3) Gas filtration
4) Steam filtration
1) Filtration of strong chemically corrosive inorganic solvents
2) Filtration of mixed solvents (acetonitrile/water)