What Is Nylon Membrane Filters
The nylon membrane material is aliphatic nylon, which has good hydrophilicity and is resistant to acid and alkali of the appropriate concentration. Nylon membrane filter is not only suitable for aqueous solutions containing acid and alkali, but also for organic solvents, such as alcohols, hydrocarbons, ethers, Esters, ketones, benzene and benzene homologs, dimethyl formamide, dimethyl sulfoxide, etc., are one of the most widely used microporous membranes and belong to the terminal filtration membrane.
HAWACH Nylon Membrane Filters
What Is Nylon Membrane Filters? We also call the Nylon membrane filters Nylon66. With excellent chemical compatibility and high filtration speed, Nylon filter membranes are mainly used in many different industries, like the electronic semiconductor industry of water filtration; chemical products filtration; beverage filtration; aqueous biological solutions filtration and non-aqueous HPLC/GC solvents filtration and so on. HAWACH nylon membrane filter features high-quality raw materials from Germany and accepts small orders for trial.
HAWACH’s high-quality nylon membranes are suitable for the filtration of aqueous solutions and most organic solvents and are suitable for the preparation of many biological agents and other situations where they cannot be used. Nylon membranes are hydrophilic and do not require pre-wetting with extractable solvents when filtering aqueous solutions. And it is flexible, durable, tearing, and can be autoclaved at 121°C. After soaking the filter membrane with the following chemical solutions at room temperature for 72 hours, check the appearance without swelling, dissolution, deformation, damage, or deterioration.
(1) Acids: 1% nitric acid, 1% sulfuric acid, 1% hydrochloric acid, 20% phosphoric acid, 25% acetic acid, and 4-aminosalicylic acid.
(2) Alkali: 50% sodium hydroxide, 75% potassium acetate, 25% ammonium hydroxide.
(3) Alcohols: methanol, ethanol, n-butanol, n-pentanol, glycerol, dodecyl alcohol.
(4) Esters: methyl acetate, ethyl acetate, propyl acetate, butyl acetate, amyl acetate, isopropyl myristate, methyl acetal acetate, diphenyl cresyl phosphate, phosphoric acid Tricresyl,
(5) Ketones: acetone, cyclohexane, methylhexanone, methyl isopropyl ketone, methyl propyl ketone.
(6) Hydrocarbons: pentane, hexane, benzene, toluene, kerosene, gasoline, decachloronaphthalene,
(7) Halogenated hydrocarbons: dichloromethane, dichloroethane, chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, trichloroethylene, perchloroethylene, benzene monochloride, benzene trichloride, carbon tetrachloride.
(8) Organic oxygen-containing compounds: yi ether, tetrahydrofuran, dioxane, 1,4-dioxane.
(9) Oils: peanut oil, castor oil, silicone oil.
(10) Others: Amino penicillin sodium solution, secondary extract of penicillin butyl acetate, jet engine fuel, developer, developer diluent, photoresist, freon, 98% dimethylformamide.
How to Sterilize Nylon Membrane Filters
1. When choosing a filter membrane, first identify the minimum size of particles or bacteria to be retained, and then select a membrane with the desired pore size.
2. Nylon filters can be sterilized by any of the following methods before use:
(1) Sterilize by steam autoclaving at 121°C for 30 minutes, then soak in ethanol to moisten.
(2) Sterilize with 2.5Mradr-ray or ultraviolet radiation, and then soak in ethanol to moisten.
(3) Treat with 90% ethylene oxide + 10% carbon dioxide at a pressure of 1kg/cm2 and a dose of 800g/m3 for 4 hours, and then soak it with ethanol.
(4) soaked in 3% formazan solution for 24 hours, then washed with filtered distilled water with a pore size of 0.45 μm, and then soaked with ethanol to wet.
3. When the nylon membrane is at 25 °C, the ratio of the membrane to the solvent is 5000 times the ratio of the filter membrane to the solvent during the actual production filtration. The organic solvents such as esters and ketones were soaked in a 30% sodium hydroxide solution for 72 hours. The images of the solution before and after soaking were completely overlapped by liquid chromatography, indicating that no dissolved substances entered the solution after soaking. ZN filter membrane physical and chemical properties are stable in organic solvents and strong alkaline solutions.
4. The product has a strong electrostatic charge and can absorb dust in the air. When not in use, it should be wrapped and placed in a dry and clean place.
Why is nylon membrane easy to absorb moisture?
Nylon is mainly made of a dibasic acid, diamine, or polycondensation of the amino acid group. Because the polyamide molecule contains a wide range of amide groups, not all the molecules in the polyamide can be crystallized and molecularly coordinated during production, and there are also some non-crystalline polyamide polar genes. The amide group in the polyamide molecular chain can coordinate with water, that is, it has water absorption and can absorb water molecules with strong polarity and drop significantly.
In terms of molecular structure, nylon molecules are water-absorbing molecules, and once saturated water absorption can increase the toughness of the material. After the nylon material is punched out, it can be treated with hot water to improve the performance and toughness of the product. The water absorption rate of PA is relatively large. The larger the proportion of amide groups, the greater the water absorption rate. After molding, humidity adjustment treatment is required to reduce the influence of water absorption on the material and improve dimensional stability.